The test strips are designed to quantitatively measure blood Ketone (Beta-Hydrosybutyrate) in fresh capillary whole blood from the fingertip. FreeStyle Optium blood Ketone test strips are available for the self-testing of blood ketones.
- Individual foil-wrapped strips for minimised contamination and influence from external factors
- Small sample size (1.5 μL)
- 10 second test time
- Fill trigger ensures reaction starts only when sufficient sample has been applied
- Top or tip fill
- Has a 30 second sample reapplication time
- Can be used with Optium Neo-H, Optium H, Optium Xceed and Optium meter.
- Wash hands with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
- Insert test strip into meter.
- A flashing test strip and flashing drop of blood will appear on the screen.
- Lance your finger and apply a small drop of blood to the left or right side of your test strip.
- The meter will beep once when enough blood has been applied and a countdown will begin.
- The meter will beep twice and a result will appear with the time and date on the bottom of the screen.