The FreeStyle Optium Neo blood glucose meter is the latest offering from Abbott Diabetes Care, intended to simplify testing and help you keep good control over your blood glucose levels.
The Optium Neo passes the ISO 2013 blood glucose meter accuracy standards with 99% of results falling between the required limits.
- Paper like screen with no glare, and no backlight, meaning reading the screen in bright sunlight is as easy as reading it inside.
- The large, high contrast display has been designed to be easy to use and easy to see.
- The device has heavy emphasis on using icons to navigate and access different areas and functions of the system. This makes it easy and intuitive to use.
- “KET” Ketone testing indicator when recording a 13.3mmol/L glucose level or above
- Capable of carrying out Ketone tests
- Blood glucose trend indicators, which can alert patients when they are experiencing hypoglycaemic or hyperglycaemic trends (low or high blood glucose levels)
- Downloadable FreeStyle Auto-Assist Neo Software connects the meter to a computer to get detailed reports to read and print out.
- Blood glucose sample size: 0.6 microlitre
- Blood ketone sample size: 1.5 microlitre
- Memory: Stores up to 1,000 events –including blood glucose, ketone and control solution readings, and insulin dose logs
- Batteries: Two CR 2032 lithium batteries (coin cell)
- Battery Life: Up to 3,000 tests
- Dimensions: 60 x 87 x 9 mm
- Weight: 33-37g including batteries
- Blood glucose measurement range: 1.1 – 27.8 mmol/L
- Blood ketone measurement range: 0.0 – 8.0 mmol/L
- Operating temperature: 10° to 50° C
- Humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage temperature: –20° to 60° C